How many times have we told ourselves that we were going to invest in a hybrid car? Whether they are a new or used car, we all know how much money this type of car could save us and what good it will do for the environment. So what keeps us from going through with it? We all know that these are not the most visually appealing cars on the market today and this is a huge drawback for those of us that love to own a luxurious looking car.
That is why I was skeptical when I heard that Mercedes was venturing out and creating a new hybrid concept. Mercedes is known for the unique a classy look that their cars have. However, it seems that after 125 years of being in business the automaker learned a few things. At the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show they displayed the F-125 Concept and to our amazement, we actually like the way it looks!
The F-125 is a large four-seater that is built with lithium sulphur batteries to cut down completely on emissions. The exterior has been made with several types of metals and composites to make the care lightweight and safer to drive. More features of the supercar include:
- F-cell plug-in hybrid with a range of 1000 km
- Hydrogen storage technology
- Lithium-sulphur high-voltage battery that uses high energy density
- Battery charging by induction
- E4MATIC-all-wheel drive with four wheel electric motors and individual torque control at each wheel
- Exterior lightweight hybrid construction with gull-wing doors
- Uses natural touch, gesture and voice controls to make driving safer
It seems unlikely that this â€˜beastâ€™ is going to be released within the next year or two. However, it is definitely forward thinking on Mercedes to give us an insight of what type of work they have been doing and what they can accomplish.
Posted Under: Mercedes